Tuesday 15 January 2013

Traditional Yemen fashion



still the Sana’ani dress used in the fashion show events as a Yemeni women sample.


This black long dress is known an ebayaa and it’s worn by females this is also one of the traditional clothes but recently many changes happened to the ebayaa so that they can fit in with the new fashion trend.



The Yemeni traditional cloth shows our history and we wear it at auctions such as weddings, males wear a long piece of clothes know as kandoorh and females wear a dress with a scarf known as sheelh they also cover their face with a cloth named borga’a. As we would expect girls also wear jewellers yet some guys wear a skirt kind of cloth best known as wezaar they wear a shirt with it and Cary a traditional knife named kenjaar this symbolises the tradition of Yemen.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi I absolutely love the outfits!! I have a fashion blog with many readers from all over the world and I would like to upload at least one picture of each country that reads me, one of them is Yemen, of course! It is very important for me to show the fashion and outfits of every single country. So I was wondering If I could use your pictures there :) Here is the link in case you wanna check it. I hope you say yes as many girls have done already. Would be really cool!
    http://dhariascloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete